Virtual Reality is still new. We’re all trying to figure out the best way to build immersive experiences. You’ll be flying in uncharted space, exploring new dimensions of user interface design, and defining best practices that may well have an impact on the entire industry. Your focus will be imagining and designing user interfaces for Social VR experiences.
As a UI Designer, you will be expected to:
- Design from concept to completion all facets of UI (including wireframes, mockups, flowcharts, icons and animations).
- Work with product, art, engineering and audio teams to create user-friendly and intuitive UI for VR games, including in-game menus and HUDs.
- Work with Creative Director and Lead Artist to establish and maintain style guides.
- Perform and document user research to come up with best practices and insights into the usability of any UI systems you create.
- Create beautiful, well-thought-out production UI for the game as well as design graphics for in-game assets, logos and branding.
- Working with other teams, integrate UI into Unity and perform any requisite debugging and iteration to ensure that implementation is consistent across the game, and faithful to the intended design and functionality.
To excel in this unfamiliar territory and make game-changing VR experiences, you should have:
- 2+ years of designing, creating, and implementing interface assets in games.
- Proficiency in design tools such as the Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects), Sketch, Invision.
- Good knowledge of graphic design, typography, and iconography.
- Experience with Unity and UI implementation methods within Unity.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with product, art, and engineering teams to prototype the best user experiences.
- Ability to iterate rapidly, using techniques like wireframes and mockups, and turning those into visually polished UI systems.
- Comfortable working in a small, highly-collaborative team.
- An understanding of UI conventions and challenges within VR, including performance constraints and optimization.
- Passion for VR, games and building an awesome product.